donderdag 21 juni 2012

NYC2123 - issue 5


NYC2123 - ISSUE 5


I have just read issue 5 of NYC 2123. At first it was not really clear where the story was about and what was going on. But after a while I found out it was about an agent Wagner who should deliver some goods to Burtin Industries, for which they would pay a lot of money. However agent Wagner doesn’t have the goods with him for some reason and therefore the boss of Burtin industries gives him two options: either give him the goods or die. Agent Wagner comes up with a clever story and when the boss is listening agent Wagner shoots him dead. Then he tries to steal files and other useful information, he sends it to his own agencies (which also has the goods). Then agent Wagner will have to go to the church. At the same time you see how another man is killing all religious men at the church. When he sees the ‘priest’ he gets really angry. The ‘priest’ explains that Christ has send Dayenders soldiers who have been reborn to perform a holy mission, unleash a terrible plague which will cover the earth. The man gets really angry and kills the Dayender soldiers. Then when he is about to kill the ‘priests’, agent Wagner comes in and tells him to stop! To be continued….
In this fifth issue there are a lot of biblical references. They talk about how Christ wants to unleash a terrible plague, by sending Dayender soldiers to do this mission. However in the issue it does not say why they would want to do this, it does say how it want to do this. I don’t know if people would still believe in jesus in the year 2123 if it will be like issue 5, this is mainly because they say Jesus wants to destroy human being which I think nobody wants. Also the ten commandments will be different, I think, making it very hard to still believe in god. When I look at the 5th issue I think the follow ten commandments will apply:
1-    You shall have no other gods before me.
2-    I will show mercy to those who love me and believe in me. 
3-    You cannot clone human being.
4-    You shall work with anyone to fulfill my missions.
5-    Honor Jesus
6-    Pay only for the things which are not yours, fight for the things which are
7-    You need to believe in your mission
8-    Keep and protect everything holy
9-    You shall not betray god
10- Believe in what god has foreseen.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten