donderdag 21 juni 2012

NYC2123 - issue 1

NYC2123    -    Issue 1

I have just read issue one and at first it was difficult to understand the story, it is still quite a weird story when reading it for the first time. However, some parts I just read for the second time and those are starting to make more sense to me.
The story is about mainly one person: Layney. At first she is together with Jake but he uses drugs and is therefore not really present in the story that much yet (in issue 1). She goes through the wall to the other side, the 'dark side' you could say. And when she enters this place, as a reader I noticed the clear difference in people. She is a lot different compared to the people living on that side of the wall.
She is a beautiful woman and she wasn't packing hardware as opposed to the people living there. 
The people in this story, at least Layney, they have wifi on the inside, so I guess in their brains or something.That is also something very interesting, I would have never thought that would be possible in the future. But maybe, some day that will be possible in the far future.
Also, she actually 'moves' between digital activity happening on the internet. Through hackers, national news, advertisements, cyber sex, eBay. 
I think the story goes very far into imagination, fantasy.
I find it quite hard to imagine all these things in the story happening in real life. I would rather read stories which could actually happening in reality at this moment.
However, all together, I find it an interesting story. It is not the kind of stories I like reading but I'll try my best to have a vivid imagination for these issues.





Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten